Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chapter 2

I was clueless of what I was thinking. Why had I climbed up these stairs to see this celebrity that was bound to shove me away after meeting Sayuri. My heart throbbed thinking about the future. There was no chance for me... It was definite and yet I couldn't stop myself from showing up at the rooftop. The door that lead to my future was in front of me and I couldn't bring myself to open it.
The door creaked open as I turned the doorknob. There was no one in sight; only the bright blue sky. I was shocked by the beauty the sky presented. Without realizing what I was doing, I pulled out my cell phone from my bag and began snapping away shots of the sky. I sat there cloud watching for what seemed like a life time.
"So this is what you like to do on free times."
I turned around to see that Akira was lying on the edge of the building facing me.
"What are you doing? You're going to fall off the building!"
He smirked, "NAH, it's fine. I do this all the time. I did this at my dance studio and music recordings. It's nothing really."
I obviously couldn't believe this because I pulled him away from the edge.
"Please don't scare me like that."
There was a look in his eyes that was unreadable. I never seemed to understand him. Why did he waste time trying to speak to me when there was Sayuri.
He stared into my eyes and whispered, "Do you have to always save everyone? Why do you care so much?"
I was confused by his question. "Huh? What do you mean?"
He broke the trance he set up on me.
"Never mind. So what I was going to say to you was that I like you. I wanna get to know you more." I took this comment as a new step to becoming his friend and nothing more.
I guess I was dozing off too much because he kept looking at me with confusion.
"So? How does that sound?"
I grinned, "Sure."
"Before we start getting to know each other, I got one request."
"and.. what's that?"
"never back-stab me."
I was puzzled, "What do you mean?"
"Nothing... just don't back-stab me."
There was obviously something that was bothering him because he couldn't face me. He kept looking out somewhere beyond where we were; his mind. I couldn't bring up anything for him to give me a clue because it seemed like an issue that was deeper than his appearance. Maybe all that I was thinking was wrong. Maybe celebrities do have secrets. Maybe he's different. That's what I wanted more than anything; for someone to see me for who I really am. I closed my eyes letting the spring breeze blow my hair back slightly.
"So what brings you to this school?"
"Nothing really. Just wanted a normal life, but I guess that didn't work out so well."
I realized what he was saying, but he forgot the point that nothing is normal. High school is the exact opposite of normal. People don't see you the way you want them to. People don't understand... You simply can't be yourself. That's what I wanted to say, but I ended up just listening.
"Everyone just crowds me and believes I'm more of a celebrity. They set up this fake image of me being someone so perfect, but I'm nothing like that."
There's no way anyone can be perfect. Why try to be something that no one can be? Why try to set yourself up to that level? My mind was racing with thoughts of how similar we were. I just wanted to fit in, but why can't I?
"I was inspired by you when I saw you trying to save that bird."
I was speechless to this statement. I was not someone that could inspire. The only thing I could do was help others become what I could not.
"You're different..."
You're different...
(note that they said this together. Mika says this in her mind.)
Those words stopped time...
The only thing that was alive was the sound of our heart beats.
I stared into those beautiful eyes and let him draw closer.
Our lips were a feet away... no.. an inch... a centimeter...
Just as we were about to touch, my mind raced and I couldn't feel my heart beating any longer. This only brought me back to reality. There's no way that he loves me for who I am. I'm just a pebble in his road to Sayuri. He could only use me and seek for my advice, just like everyone else.... I broke the chance of ever kissing him. He was the only guy that made my heart beat faster than the speed of light. He was the only one that could relate so well to me, but I didn't have a chance with him. Only Sayuri did...
"So wanna go get something to eat?"
He looked stunned, but he concluded with a "yes."
"Where do you wanna go eat?"
"You choose. I'm buying."
I couldn't let him buy food for me. I felt like he was using me.
"I can't let you buy food for me! That's unfair."
He laughed, "But you're choosing so it evens out."
In the end, we decided that he was buying the food and I was choosing. I chose the cheapest place to eat at. On the road side to our school, there was someone selling bread and so i chose to get food there.
"How come you can't hide your face at school, but you could do so on the streets?"
"It's magic. Just wear a hat and grey clothing. Then I won't stand out."
"That's a good explanation. I probably wouldn't have seen you either."
"So your saying that if we got separated in this crowd, you wouldn't see me?"
I nodded and before I realized we were in a huge crowd, we seriously got separated. I searched everywhere for him, but it was difficult. I couldn't scream his name because he was a celebrity that would attract more attention and more problems. I stood there in the crowd, letting everyone shove past me. I scanned the crowd for grey clothing and found him laughing by himself. I hit his left shoulder and scolded him.
"I was so scared that you left me here all by myself!"
"I thought you said you wouldn't find me?"
That remark made me blush and my insides burned in embarrassment.
"I don't need you!"
I stomped away in the opposite direction of the crowd. People kept pushing me and I ended up not even budging. That's when Akira grabbed my hand.
"I'm sorry. I won't do that again."
This brought me back to blushing. I quickly pulled away from his grasp and let him walk ahead of me so that I could get through the crowd. I gripped onto his hoodie so that I wouldn't get lost in the crowd of people. As soon as we hit the corner of the street, there were less people.
"So are we going home now?"
He smiled that hundred dollar smile he had, "Of course, but I want to walk you home."
"So you wanna stalk me now?"
We laughed together, "NO! I just don't want you to be in danger. You're a girl!"
It was silent the whole way there and I walked ahead of him to lead him to my house.
As I took each step we drew closer to each other. Afterwards we were so close that his hand was grazing the back of my hand. I was surprised when one motion brought us to holding hands. I didn't want to be rude and pull away so I let this slide. I kept telling myself that holding hands were natural for friends and that he thought of me as a sister.
As we approached my small house, we let go of each other's hands.
"Thanks for today. It was fun."
He smiled once more, "No prob. I'll take you out anytime!"
"See you tomorrow."
I waved goodbye and we went our separate ways. I headed home and he went off into his world of stardom. There's no way that he'd have feelings for someone like me and I knew it from the bottom of my heart that he thought of me as a friend. We'll hold hands, hug, hang out, but we'll never go further than that. We'll never be more than friends... because there's Sayuri and every other girl in this world that can beat me. I'm no one in this world. I'm just a speck that no one sees. I'm not a beautiful girl. In fact, I'm no one at all...

Chater 2 is COMPLETE! Please continue to chapter 3:)

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Cute!

 

Lovely Girl Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template