Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chapter 3

There I was staring at my reflection. My dark rimmed glasses covered up half of my face and my long black hair was braided to the side. I couldn't stop thinking about how much I really hated myself for wanting to be with Akira. Why do I try so hard when I know that Sayuri is the one who is going to win Akira's heart? It was decided, I'm going to act as if nothing happened and I'm going to let Akira go to Sayuri. There's no way in this world that I'd have someone like him... I can't be just friends with him. That won't work. I need to get away from him.


From afar I could see everyone crowding around Akira's car. Anyone would know that it was Akira since he's so popular. I walked past a crowd of girls that all begged Akira to sing them a song. He looked like he was having fun. I turned away from them and headed upstairs to my classroom. That's when I heard my name. "MIKA! Wait up!" I turned around to see him running towards me with that beautiful smile of his. His hair blew back and the sun shined brightly on him which made him look like an angel.


He finally reached me and grabbed onto my arm. "Geez. You didn't even say hi and you left." I had that fake smile on and I said, "I'm sorry, but can you stop hanging around me? You're famous and I don't want to be a pebble in your road to stardom. I'm not meant to be your friend or anything at all. I just want things to go back to how it used to be. I'm really sorry." His grip on my arm dropped and he looked heartbroken. I was sure that he wasn't. Maybe he was just depressed that he lost the chance of using me to get to Sayuri. There's no way that he'd feel sad because he liked me.

Before I walked away, I bumped into Sayuri. She looked satisfied. "I saw what you said to Akira. I'm so proud of you. You know that he doesn't like you. He's just using you just like all those other guys." I nodded, but I didn't feel happier like I wanted it to be. I felt depressed and lost. I don't know why I felt this way because each time this happened I'd feel happier because the guys really did go to Sayuri. I felt my heart drop into my stomach and my whole day was gloomy. Unlike the other days, I wanted it to rain and for class to be over. I couldn't pay attention to any of the lectures and all I could think about was the time I spent with Akira. I didn't even realize that class had ended. I was sitting there in my seat staring at nothing. People left the building and I was the only one sitting there by myself.

I remembered the time when he told me that I was different and that he inspired me. Without realizing it, I had tears in my eyes. I couldn't stop crying and my head was spinning. Before I could wipe those tears away, Akira walked into the room. "So is this what you do to all the people that get close to you? Mika... I know your not like this." I faced the window and replied, "I just realized that yesterday we went too far. I don't want to be anything to you. I'm not someone that can inspire people. I can only be the person that follows what others want." He replied with an annoyed look on his face, "Yeah, your right. You can't inspire people if you act like this. Your not being yourself. Mika. I was too scared to tell you this, but... I like you. What is it that's making you hold back?" Tears poured down like rain, "I'm not exactly pretty. I'm nothing compared to Sayuri. Why are you trying to use me to get to her? I don't understand." Akira wiped the tears away and held my face in his hands. "I don't like her. I like you."

That's when my whole world changed. His lips touched mine and it felt perfect. It felt like we were meant to be. I wanted time to just stop right there. I felt the blood boil under my skin and my heart beat out of my chest. What was this feeling I had? I just wanted to jump around and scream my heart out. I wanted to be free. Is this how it feels to be truly happy? I didn't want to go back to Sayuri. I wanted to simply be me.. Will that day come? This was the first step I took to being free.

--------------------------------

"Akira I have to tell you something." I was going to tell him everything about me. I wasn't going to hold back anymore. "You were right. I wasn't being me. I don't wear glasses and I don't really just love books." I handed him my glasses to prove that they were fake with no prescription. "What I truly love to do is play the violin. I was afraid that being who i was would only cause people to reject me." He smiled, "Why didn't you be yourself earlier?

0 comments:

 

Lovely Girl Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template